What is our Mission?
Everyone has a mission. It’s what gives our lives purpose and what motivates us to roll out of bed each morning. In The Alliance, we are all about Jesus, and our mission is to fulfill His final request on this earth—The Great Commission. We also refer to it as the Call. We are people of action. But we know that completing our mission successfully requires a healthy blend of “being” and “doing.”
Sitting at Jesus’ feet, devoting ourselves to prayer and immersion in His Word radically transforms us. It also increases our hunger to go deeper in our relationship, to know Him as our Savior, Sanctifier, Healer, and Coming King.
Motivated by our love for Jesus, we are compelled to serve Him. Alliance Great Commission Ministries are the expression of our service to Jesus, the means by which we seek to complete the mission.
The Vision for Ministry
We believe that God’s instrument to complete this mission is His Church. That’s why we focus our efforts and resources into developing dynamic, healthy local churches—in the United States and across the world.
To accomplish the vision, we will develop healthy people (fully devoted followers of Christ), who will build these churches serving as ministry centers to successfully win the lost. Out of these ministry centers and churches will flow international workers committed to pushing back the darkness in areas where unengaged, unreached people groups abound.
We desire to know Jesus Christ as Savior, Sanctifier, Healer, and Coming King and to complete His Great Commission. The Alliance will fulfill His Commission through
- Evangelizing and discipling persons throughout the United States,
- Incorporating them into Christ-centered, community-focused congregations, and
- Mobilizing them for active involvement in a global effort designed to plant Great Commission churches among unengaged, unreached and responsive peoples worldwide.
Our mission central objectives are critical to all we are and do.
- Lost people matter to God. He wants them found. Luke 19:10
- Prayer is the primary work of the people of God. Philippians 4:6-7
- Everything we have belongs to God. We are His stewards. 1 Chronicles 29:14
- Knowing and obeying God’s Word is fundamental to all true success. Joshua 1:8
- Completing the Great Commission will require the mobilization of every fully devoted disciple. Matthew 28:19
- Without the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, we can accomplish nothing. 1 Corinthians 2:4-5
- Achieving God’s purposes means taking faith-filled risks. This always involves change. Hebrews 11:6